A cornerstone of gross anatomy since 1943, Grant's Atlas of Anatomy reaches students worldwide with its realistic dissection illustrations, detailed surface anatomy photos, clinical images and comments, and quick-reference muscle tables. Renowned for its accuracy, pedagogy, and clinical relevance, this classic atlas boasts significant enhancements, including updated artwork, new conceptual diagrams, and vibrantly re-colored illustrations. Clinical material is clearly highlighted in blue text for easy identification.
Another new addition, includes 55 clinical scenarios with 1-3 open-ended questions, but weaves basic science concepts in the clinical scenario. Case explanations are broken up into a) summary, b) discrete answer, c) short discussion USMLE-style comprehension questions for each case and a 3-5 page discussion of the basic science concepts, including definitions and pathophysiology. 3-5 USMLE-style review questions follow each case and "KEY POINTS" at the end of each chapter enable students to study before exams
Netter’s Concise Orthopaedic Anatomy is a best-selling, portable, full-color resource excellent to have on hand during your orthopaedic rotation, residency, or as a quick look-up in practice. Jon C. Thompson presents the latest data in thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all conditions while preserving the popular at-a-glance table format from the previous edition. You’ll get even more art from the Netter Collection as well as new radiologic images that visually demonstrate the key clinical correlations and applications of anatomical imaging. For a fast, memorable review of orthopaedic anatomy, this is a must-have.
- Maintains the popular at-a-glance table format that makes finding essential information quick and convenient.
- Contains useful clinical information on disorders, trauma, history, physical exam, radiology, surgical approaches, and minor procedures in every chapter.
- Lists key information on bones, joints, muscles, and nerves in tables correlate to each Netter image.
- Highlights key material in different colors-pearls in green and warnings in red-for easy reference.
- Features both plain film and advanced radiographic (CT and MRI) images, along with cross-sectional anatomic plates for an even more thorough visual representation of the material.
- Includes additional common surgical approaches to give you a broader understanding of techniques.
- Incorporates reorganized Complicated Arthology tables for large joints, such as the shoulder, knee, and hip, for increased clarity and to incorporate new artwork and additional clinical correlations.
- Reflects new data and current diagnostic and treatment techniques through updates to the Disorders and Fractures sections and the Physical Exam and Anatomic tables in each chapter.
- Presents the very latest developments in the field through thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all clinical conditions.
Some people think that knowing about what goes on inside the human body can sap life of its mystery. Which is too bad for them, because anybody who's ever taken a peak under the hood knows that the human body, and all its various structures and functions, is a realm of awe-inspiring complexity and countless wonders. The dizzying dance of molecule, cell, tissue, organ, muscle, sinew, and bone that we call life can be a thing of breathtaking beauty and humbling perfection. No one should be denied access to this spectacle because they don't come from a scientific background. And now, thanks to "Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies," no one needs to be.
Whether you're an aspiring health-care or fitness professional or just somebody who's curious about the human body and how it works, this book offers you a fun, easy way get a handle on the basics of anatomy and physiology. In no time you'll: Understand the meanings of terms in anatomy and physiologyGet to know the body's anatomical structures--from head to toeExplore the body's systems and how they interact to keep us aliveGain insights into how the structures and systems function in sickness and healthUnderstand the human reproductive system and how it creates new life
Written in plain English and illustrated with dozens of beautiful illustrations, "Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies" covers everything from atoms to cells to organs, including: Anatomic position and the divisions of the bodyIncreasingly magnified aspects of the body, from atoms to organs to systemsThe anatomy and pathophysiology of the skeleton, muscles and skinThe anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology of the nervous, endocrine and circulatory systemsThe anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the respiratory, digestive, urinary and immune systemsThe anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the reproductive systemKeeping the body healthy through good nutrition
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about your body from the inside out. Let "Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies" be your guide on a fantastic voyage through a world of countless wonders.
Gray’s Basic Anatomy equips you with all the essential anatomy information you need to know, in half the length of the original Gray’s Anatomy for Students! This new medical textbook lets you study efficiently while being confident in your mastery of the most important anatomical concepts.
- See the clinical implications with "Clinical Apps," "Imaging Apps," and surface anatomy boxes throughout.
- Get a clear picture with carefully selected illustrations that are easy to learn from, modern in design, and concisely labeled.
- Access a wealth of ancillary material online for a better overall understanding of the subject including a surface anatomy tool, case studies, self-test questions, and more at www.studentconsult.com.
This is a landmark edition of one of the greatest texts of our time. Gray's Anatomy has been an international bestseller for 100 years; its appeal is not only to physicians and students, but to artists and the medically curious. As the new Introduction by Dr. Crocco states: "Every living physician today has been exposed to Gray's Anatomy and nearly everyone has used it. It was Gray's Anatomy that occupied most of the embryonic physician's waking hours, whether at home or at the side of his cadaver.
"There have been many imitations, but few real competitors. There have been dissection manuals and pictorial atlases brilliantly illustrated with exquisite photographs. There have been synopses of anatomy and there have been monographs on various regions of the body. However, there is only one Gray's Anatomy.
"This stellar book represents the acme of anatomical description over the last century and will probably still be the premier text in anatomy over the next one hundred years. This commemorative edition is a very fitting tribute to Dr. Henry Gray, Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, whose colossal work will be remembered by medical historians past and future and by twentieth-century physicians and surgeons as the anatomy text of our age."
Written for the modern medical student and designed to accompany any current gross anatomy textbook, this brand-new pictorial handbook presented by Drs. Vilensky, Weber, Carmichael, and Sarosi lets you quickly identify pathologic correlates of gross anatomy. Abundant side-by-side high-quality radiography, MR, CT, and ultrasound images of normal and pathologic conditions help you quickly develop the skills you need to differentiate between what's normal and what's not. Discussions on the choice of imaging modality for various pathologies will help you select the right imaging procedure in many clinical situations, making this a handy resource in the clinical environment. But best of all, this visual approach to pathologic correlates will help you ace your courses, the USMLE and NBME final exams.
. Features side-by-side radiography, MR, CT, and ultrasound images that illustrate normal and abnormal anatomy, helping you quickly identify conditions while improving your diagnostic skills.
. Covers clinical conditions found in the main core of textbooks and radiologically depicts the clinical correlates that you're exposed to daily, making it the ideal companion resource for any medical gross anatomy course.
. Uses concise, brief text that explains the condition, thus allowing the radiologic images to guide you to the differentiating factors.
. Incorporates discussions of imaging modality choices for a range of pathologies to help you understand how to select imaging procedures for various clinical situations in the clinical environment.
. Offers the visual guidance you need to study for and pass your exams.
Atlas of Human Anatomy uses Frank H. Netter, MD's detailed illustrations to demystify this often intimidating subject, providing a coherent, lasting visual vocabulary for understanding anatomy and how it applies to medicine. This 5th Edition features a stronger clinical focus-with new diagnostic imaging examples-making it easier to correlate anatomy with practice. Student Consult online access includes supplementary learning resources, from additional illustrations to an anatomy dissection guide and more. Netter. It's how you know.
- See anatomy from a clinical perspective with hundreds of exquisite, hand-painted illustrations created by, and in the tradition of, pre-eminent medical illustrator Frank H. Netter, MD.
- Join the global community of healthcare professionals who've mastered anatomy the Netter way!
- Expand your study at studentconsult.com, where you'll find a suite of learning aids including selected Netter illustrations, additional clinically-focused illustrations and radiologic images, videos from Netter's 3D Interactive Anatomy, dissection modules, an anatomy dissection guide, multiple-choice review questions, "drag-and-drop" exercises, clinical pearls, clinical cases, survival guides, surgical procedures, and more.
- Correlate anatomy with practice through an increased clinical focus, many new diagnostic imaging examples, and bonus clinical illustrations and guides online.