With the advent of electronic medical records years ago and the increasing capabilities of computers, our healthcare systems are sitting on growing mountains of data. Not only does the data grow from patient volume but the type of data we store is also growing exponentially. Practical Predictive Analytics and Decisioning Systems for Medicine provides research tools to analyze these large amounts of data and addresses some of the most pressing issues and challenges where data integrity is compromised: patient safety, patient communication, and patient information. Through the use of predictive analytic models and applications, this book is an invaluable resource to predict more accurate outcomes to help improve quality care in the healthcare and medical industries in the most cost–efficient manner. Practical Predictive Analytics and Decisioning Systems for Medicine provides the basics of predictive analytics for those new to the area and focuses on general philosophy and activities in the healthcare and medical system. It explains why predictive models are important, and how they can be applied to the predictive analysis process in order to solve real industry problems. Researchers need this valuable resource to improve data analysis skills and make more accurate and cost-effective decisions.
- Includes models and applications of predictive analytics why they are important and how they can be used in healthcare and medical research
- Provides real world step-by-step tutorials to help beginners understand how the predictive analytic processes works and to successfully do the computations
- Demonstrates methods to help sort through data to make better observations and allow you to make better predictions
Basic Medical Endocrinology, Third Edition provides up-to-date coverage of rapidly unfolding advances in the understanding of hormones involved in regulating most aspects of bodily functions. The discussion focuses on molecular and cellular aspects of hormone production and action firmly rooted in the context of integrative physiology. Topics are approached from the perspective of a physiologist with four decades of teaching experience.
This book is richly illustrated with both descriptive schematic diagrams and laboratory findings obtained in clinical studies. Each of the thirteen in-depth chapters starts with an 'Overview' of the topic and ends with a 'Suggested Reading' list.
* Single authorship provides continuity and consistency between chapters
* Richly illustrated with over 200 illustrations
* IThirteen in-depth chapters incorporating the latest insights gleaned from rapidly expanding genetic studies of humans and rodents
* Author has taught subject for over 40 years
Netter’s Concise Orthopaedic Anatomy is a best-selling, portable, full-color resource excellent to have on hand during your orthopaedic rotation, residency, or as a quick look-up in practice. Jon C. Thompson presents the latest data in thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all conditions while preserving the popular at-a-glance table format from the previous edition. You’ll get even more art from the Netter Collection as well as new radiologic images that visually demonstrate the key clinical correlations and applications of anatomical imaging. For a fast, memorable review of orthopaedic anatomy, this is a must-have.
- Maintains the popular at-a-glance table format that makes finding essential information quick and convenient.
- Contains useful clinical information on disorders, trauma, history, physical exam, radiology, surgical approaches, and minor procedures in every chapter.
- Lists key information on bones, joints, muscles, and nerves in tables correlate to each Netter image.
- Highlights key material in different colors-pearls in green and warnings in red-for easy reference.
- Features both plain film and advanced radiographic (CT and MRI) images, along with cross-sectional anatomic plates for an even more thorough visual representation of the material.
- Includes additional common surgical approaches to give you a broader understanding of techniques.
- Incorporates reorganized Complicated Arthology tables for large joints, such as the shoulder, knee, and hip, for increased clarity and to incorporate new artwork and additional clinical correlations.
- Reflects new data and current diagnostic and treatment techniques through updates to the Disorders and Fractures sections and the Physical Exam and Anatomic tables in each chapter.
- Presents the very latest developments in the field through thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all clinical conditions.
Categories: Education / General, Education / Higher, Education / Reference, Health & Fitness / General, Health & Fitness / Reference, Medical / Allied Health Services / General, Medical / Allied Health Services / Occupational Therapy, Medical / Allied Health Services / Physical Therapy, Medical / Anatomy, Medical / Chiropractic, Medical / Clinical Medicine, Medical / Emergency Medicine, Medical / Family & General Practice, Medical / General, Medical / Internal Medicine, Medical / Nursing / Medical & Surgical, Medical / Orthopedics, Medical / Osteopathy, Medical / Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Medical / Reference, Medical / Sports Medicine, Medical / Surgery / General, Science / General, Science / Life Sciences / General, Science / Life Sciences / Human Anatomy & Physiology, Science / Reference, Uncategorized
This is the first atlas to depict in high-resolution images the fine structure of the spinal canal, the nervous plexuses, and the peripheral nerves in relation to clinical practice. The Atlas of Functional Anatomy for Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine contains more than 1500 images of unsurpassed quality, most of which have never been published, including scanning electron microscopy images of neuronal ultrastructures, macroscopic sectional anatomy, and three-dimensional images reconstructed from patient imaging studies. Each chapter begins with a short introduction on the covered subject but then allows the images to embody the rest of the work; detailed text accompanies figures to guide readers through anatomy, providing evidence-based, clinically relevant information. Beyond clinically relevant anatomy, the book features regional anesthesia equipment (needles, catheters, surgical gloves) and overview of some cutting edge research instruments (e.g. scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy).
Of interest to regional anesthesiologists, interventional pain physicians, and surgeons, this compendium is meant to complement texts that do not have this type of graphic material in the subjects of regional anesthesia, interventional pain management, and surgical techniques of the spine or peripheral nerves.
Atlas of Human Anatomy uses Frank H. Netter, MD's detailed illustrations to demystify this often intimidating subject, providing a coherent, lasting visual vocabulary for understanding anatomy and how it applies to medicine. This 5th Edition features a stronger clinical focus-with new diagnostic imaging examples-making it easier to correlate anatomy with practice. Student Consult online access includes supplementary learning resources, from additional illustrations to an anatomy dissection guide and more. Netter. It's how you know.
- See anatomy from a clinical perspective with hundreds of exquisite, hand-painted illustrations created by, and in the tradition of, pre-eminent medical illustrator Frank H. Netter, MD.
- Join the global community of healthcare professionals who've mastered anatomy the Netter way!
- Expand your study at studentconsult.com, where you'll find a suite of learning aids including selected Netter illustrations, additional clinically-focused illustrations and radiologic images, videos from Netter's 3D Interactive Anatomy, dissection modules, an anatomy dissection guide, multiple-choice review questions, "drag-and-drop" exercises, clinical pearls, clinical cases, survival guides, surgical procedures, and more.
- Correlate anatomy with practice through an increased clinical focus, many new diagnostic imaging examples, and bonus clinical illustrations and guides online.
Categories: Education / General, Education / Higher, Education / Physical Education, Education / Reference, Education / Secondary, Health & Fitness / Acupressure & Acupuncture, Health & Fitness / Alternative Therapies, Health & Fitness / General, Health & Fitness / Health Care Issues, Health & Fitness / Massage & Reflexotherapy, Health & Fitness / Physical Impairments, Health & Fitness / Reference, Medical / Acupuncture, Medical / Allied Health Services / General, Medical / Allied Health Services / Medical Assistants, Medical / Allied Health Services / Physical Therapy, Medical / Alternative & Complementary Medicine, Medical / Anatomy, Medical / Clinical Medicine, Medical / Education & Training, Medical / Family & General Practice, Medical / General, Medical / Internal Medicine, Medical / Nursing / Assessment & Diagnosis, Medical / Nursing / General, Medical / Nursing / Medical & Surgical, Medical / Nursing / Reference, Medical / Orthopedics, Medical / Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Medical / Physician & Patient, Medical / Reference, Medical / Surgery / General, Reference / Atlases, Gazetteers & Maps, Science / Life Sciences / General, Science / Life Sciences / Human Anatomy & Physiology, Science / Reference, Uncategorized