Packed with essential lists, figures, tables, and algorithms, the Tarascon Internal Medicine & Critical Care Pocketbook, Fifth Edition provides instant reminders of hard-to-remember yet vitally important clinical information. The Fifth Edition contains more information and several new topics throughout each chapter, including: Anthropometric Equations; Echo, MRI, and Nuclear Anatomy; ECG ST Elevation (STE) Patterns; Sepsis; Therapeutic Hypothermia; Pharyngeal Swab Technique; NIH Stroke Scale; Bronchoscopic Anatomy; SIADH; Serotonin Syndromes; and more. Intended for busy internal medicine physicians, nurses, or any healthcare provider in the ICU, Tarascon Internal Medicine & Critical Care Pocketbook is meticulously referenced with expert commentary on current academic controversies in the field.
Medical Electronic Laboratory Equipment 1967-68 provides information of a comprehensive range of electronic and nucleonic equipment for use in laboratories concerned with all branches of medical research. This book covers a variety of topics, including amplifiers, computers, chromatographs, gamma encephalographs, display systems, kidney function systems, scintillation cameras, and ultrasonic equipment.
Organized into 10 chapters, this book begins with an overview of a wide-section of the equipment available in the specialized field. This text then provides general descriptive data of equipment with considerable operating and applications information. Other chapters consider a large number of illustrations showing equipment in use, as well as the case histories, analyses, and references. This book presents as well data from Europe, United States, and Japan that are useful as a practical guide and manual by all concerned with the acquisition, assessment, and use of electronic equipment for medical research.
This book is a valuable resource for readers interested in acquiring medical electronics equipment.
Netter's Clinical Anatomy, 3rd Edition is a Clinical Anatomy textbook you will actually "read." A concise, focused and manageable medical reference textbook for your busy lives! The uniquely aesthetic and memorable Netter-style illustrations-accompanied by descriptive text and tables-help you to visually grasp and focus on the most relevant clinical implications of anatomical concepts. Multiple-choice review questions at the end of each chapter plus online access to the complete text-with additional Clinical examples and study questions-result in a thorough but quick introduction to basic and clinical anatomy as well as a fast review source-the perfect supplement to your course's syllabus, lectures, conferences and labs.
- Enhance your learning and understanding with "Clinical Focus" boxes presenting hundreds of illustrated clinical correlations that bridge anatomy to pathophysiology, and Features and Characteristics boxes that explain the relation between structure and function.
- Get a quick overview of the MSK system. Muscle/Ligament/Joint Tables summarize attachment points, actions, and other key information related to each structure.
- Understand the clinical relevance of anatomy. Nearly 600 beautifully colored illustrations which provide essential depictions of anatomy, embryology, and pathology to help you understand their clinical relevance.
- Challenge your knowledge. Both USMLE-style review questions at the end of each chapter and short answer questions online help you gauge your mastery of the material and assess areas in need of further study.
- Review anywhere, anytime! View the complete contents online, along with additional clinical examples and review questions.
- Choose where you want to activate your online access: at studentconsult.com, with other titles in other Student Consult library, to further enhance your study and help you prepare for exams.or at netterreference.com, with other content in your Netter clinical references library to enhance clinical management and patient care.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Netter’s Concise Orthopaedic Anatomy is a best-selling, portable, full-color resource excellent to have on hand during your orthopaedic rotation, residency, or as a quick look-up in practice. Jon C. Thompson presents the latest data in thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all conditions while preserving the popular at-a-glance table format from the previous edition. You’ll get even more art from the Netter Collection as well as new radiologic images that visually demonstrate the key clinical correlations and applications of anatomical imaging. For a fast, memorable review of orthopaedic anatomy, this is a must-have.
- Maintains the popular at-a-glance table format that makes finding essential information quick and convenient.
- Contains useful clinical information on disorders, trauma, history, physical exam, radiology, surgical approaches, and minor procedures in every chapter.
- Lists key information on bones, joints, muscles, and nerves in tables correlate to each Netter image.
- Highlights key material in different colors-pearls in green and warnings in red-for easy reference.
- Features both plain film and advanced radiographic (CT and MRI) images, along with cross-sectional anatomic plates for an even more thorough visual representation of the material.
- Includes additional common surgical approaches to give you a broader understanding of techniques.
- Incorporates reorganized Complicated Arthology tables for large joints, such as the shoulder, knee, and hip, for increased clarity and to incorporate new artwork and additional clinical correlations.
- Reflects new data and current diagnostic and treatment techniques through updates to the Disorders and Fractures sections and the Physical Exam and Anatomic tables in each chapter.
- Presents the very latest developments in the field through thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all clinical conditions.
Anatomy texts just don’t get any better than Gray's Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd edition, this completely revised medical textbook continues its focus on just the core information you need for your anatomy courses, presenting everything in an easy-to-read, visually appealing format that facilitates study.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Obtain reliable, accessible coverage of everything you will learn in your contemporary anatomy classes with expert knowledge from a team of authors who share a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience.
- Easily locate and remember specific structures. More than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity.
- Understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.
- Expedite the review of basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Stay current and engaged in your anatomy courses with many new "In the Clinic" boxes, which offer access to in-depth clinical discussions related to specific diseases or procedures.
- Source your review material quickly and easily thanks to a list of additional relevant study aids at the beginning of each chapter.
- Improve your comprehension of cranial nerves with help from a brand-new visual map summarizing cranial nerve distribution and function.
- Further enhance your learning by pairing this textbook with its companion review products, Gray's Anatomy for Students Flashcards, 3rd Edition (ISBN: 978-1-4557-1078-2) and Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy 2nd Edition (ISBN 978-1-4557-4802-0)!
COMLEX Review: Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine offers an overview of anatomy and osteopathic manipulative medicine for the COMLEX. Ideal for exam and course review, this new book targets the essential information that osteopathic medical students need during the first two years of medical school and beyond. Written by osteopathic medical students, COMLEX Review offers high-yield coverage of COMLEX content and advice by students, for students.
The book has a two-column Q&A format for easy retention and self-assessment. Over 150 images illustrate key anatomy and osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT). Key concepts are highlighted for rapid review.
Remediation in medical education is the act of facilitating a correction for trainees who started out on the journey toward becoming excellent physicians but have moved off course. This book offers an evidence-based and practical approach to the identification and remediation of medical trainees who are unable to perform to standards. As assessment of clinical competence and professionalism has become more sophisticated and ubiquitous, medical educators increasingly face the challenge of implementing effective and respectful means to work with trainees who do not yet meet expectations of the profession and society.
Remediation in Medical Education: A Mid-Course Correction describes practical stepwise approaches to remediate struggling learners in fundamental medical competencies; discusses methods used to define competencies and the science underlying the fundamental shift in the delivery and assessment of medical education; explores themes that provide context for remediation, including professional identity formation and moral reasoning, verbal and nonverbal learning disabilities, attention deficit disorders in high-functioning individuals, diversity, and educational and psychiatric topics; and reviews system issues involved in remediation, including policy and leadership challenges and faculty development.