Nurse's Rapid Reference is the all-in-one portable handbook that every practicing nurse needs to expertly perform everyday nursing skills with ease and confidence. Organized and designed for quick reference, the book presents the most important information on 125 diseases, 48 treatments, 48 diagnostic tests, 42 procedures, 75 signs and symptoms, and 75 drugs.
Easy-to-use tabs help nurses in various clinical settings find what they're looking for fast. Each topic is presented on one page or two-page spread, with easy-to-see heads, concise, bulleted text, and quick-scanning charts, graphs, and illustrations. Icons highlight nursing alerts and age considerations.
All Things Nursing provides quick access to essential information in all areas of nursing. Coverage includes assessment techniques and tips, skills, pain management, drugs, infection control, ECGs, laboratory tests, and disease profiles. The book also provides timely information on legal aspects of nursing, such as liability, organ donation, and documentation, and on career opportunities in nursing, including education, research, and travel nursing. Topics covered include both general nursing and all clinical specialties—emergency, critical care, medical-surgical, maternal-neonatal, and pediatric nursing. Numerous illustrations, graphs, and easy-to-follow quick-reference charts complement the text.
The Nurse's 3-Minute Clinical Reference is organized into four sections—Disorders, Treatments, Procedures, and Diagnostic Studies—with entries within each section organized alphabetically. Each Disorders and Procedures entry is six columns on a two-page spread; each Diagnostic Studies and Treatments entry is three columns on one page. Information is provided in brief bulleted points.
Part I covers more than 300 acute and chronic health problems including the newest conditions such as metabolic syndrome. Part II covers more than 50 treatments; Part III, more than 75 procedures; and Part IV, more than 130 diagnostic tests. Entries in each section follow a consistent format.
Thoroughly updated for its Third Edition, this guide will help health care professionals in all clinical settings communicate easily with Spanish-speaking patients. It presents Spanish words, phrases, questions, and instructions that cover signs and symptoms, history-taking, assessment of all body systems, mental health, diagnostic tests, disorders, medications, procedures, surgery, nutrition and diet therapy, medical equipment, and alternative and complementary therapies. Features include a picture dictionary, clear body-system illustrations with labels in both languages, rules of Spanish pronunciation and grammar, and indexes in English and Spanish.
A companion Website offers audio files with correct pronunciations for hundreds of medical terms in English and Spanish, downloadable to a computer or MP3 player.
Emergency Nursing Made Incredibly Easy! offers essential information on emergency, trauma, and critical care in the popular, easy-to-learn, and enjoyable Incredibly Easy! format. It covers emergency care basics including patient assessment and triage, trauma, disease crises, and patient and family communication, as well as legal issues such as handling evidence and documentation and holistic issues such as pain and end-of-life care.
Chapters detail emergency nursing by body system and cover shock, multi-system traumas, environmental emergencies, disaster preparedness, communicable diseases, and obstetric and pediatric emergencies. The presentation features light-hearted cartoons and humor, "Memory Joggers" and other icons, and end-of-chapter review questions.
English & Spanish Medical Words & Phrases, Third Edition is a handy, pocket-sized reference book covering important medical terms and phrases, including everyday words, patient-teaching terms and phrases, as well as crucial areas such as discharge teaching and systems assessment terms. It's the perfect resource for nurses and other healthcare professionals who care for Spanish-speaking patients. Anatomical illustrations are included to facilitate communication. Updates for the Third Edition include new chapters on medical equipment and supplies and nutrition and diet therapy, as well as a new appendix containing terms for complementary and alternative therapies.
Designed as a clinical reference for both nursing students and practicing professional nurses, the Medical-Surgical Nursing Companion provides nearly 300 entries on current health issues ranging from AIDS to Diabetes to West Nile Virus. An alphabetical index provides the reader with key phases of the nursing process for all entries.
This pocket-sized guide gives working nurses 3,400 medical terms and abbreviations they need at their fingertips. Features:
Alphabetical listing of all terms for ready reference;
Illustrations of body systems;
Common diseases with signs, symptoms, and treatments;
Diagnostic and surgical procedures;
Up-to-date medical vocabulary;
Side-of-page shading for easy navigation.
Known for its reliable, clinically focused content, Swearingen's Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing provides a quick reference to 125 of the most commonly encountered medical-surgical conditions. Expert authors Fran Monahan, RN, PhD, ANEF, Marianne Neighbors, EdD, RN, and Carol Green, PhD, RN, CNE make it easy to find and use the information you need to know to provide optimal patient care. Unique to this manual, outcome criteria include specific and measurable timeframes to help in establishing realistic treatment goals and evaluating the effectiveness of care. For students, it's an ideal resource for care planning and clinicals; for practitioners, it's a great clinical reference!
- More than 125 common medical-surgical conditions are organized by body system for convenient use as a clinical reference.
- A quick-reference, easy-to-use format includes these headings for each med-surg disorder:
- Diagnostic Tests
- Collaborative Management
- Nursing Diagnoses and Interventions
- Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning
- Outcome criteria feature specific and measurable timeframes for each outcome.
- Patient teaching for each disorder helps you educate patients and their families for self-care and discharge.
- Clinical notes and cautions stress key points or alerts related to various disorders and conditions.
- An overview of nursing considerations for the hospitalized patient includes concepts relevant to many disorders, such as perioperative care, pain, prolonged bed rest, psychosocial support, and older adult care.
- Attractive two-color design highlights key information for fast reference.
- A durable, water-resistant cover prolongs the life of the book.
- Thorough updates provide you with the latest evidence-based practice content and clinical developments, including the newest Joint Commission standards, latest screening recommendations, revised treatment guidelines, new drugs, and lab tests.
- New Burns section covers the care of burns in the medical-surgical setting.
- New Immunologic Disorders unit discusses transfusion reactions, hypersensitivity, and AIDS.
- New Cancer Care unit updates and expands coverage of lung cancer, nervous system tumors, GI malignancies, neoplastic diseases of the hematopoietic system, head/neck cancers, breast cancer, and GI cancer.
- An emphasis on patient safety addresses preventable patient safety issues.