"As a regular teacher on the same range of sleep disorders, one of its best features is excellent online access (to all the pictures, graphs, polysomnography traces and patient videos)." By Advances in Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation (ANCR), Jan 2015
- Visually grasp how sleep affects each body system thanks to a full-color compendium that correlates the physiology of sleep with the relevant findings.
- Determine the best and most up-to-date drug therapy with information about the latest drugs available as well as those in clinical trials.
- Compare your patients’ polysomnograms to a wealth of high-quality recordings taken from the latest machines used by institutions around the world.
- Score, interpret, and diagnose sleep disorders employing the scoring rules from the latest AASM scoring manual.
- Stay current with the latest on sleep and psychiatric disease, circadian desynchrony, dreaming, insomnia, home sleep testing, new sleep apnea treatments, and more.
- Understand the correlation between sleep and other health issues - such as stroke and heart failure.
- Find diagnostic and treatment information quickly and easily thanks to a highly illustrated, easy-to-read format that highlights key details.
- Access the fully searchable text as well as all of the book’s illustrations, more than 20 patient interview videos, over 40 sleep lab videos, and 200-plus polysomnogram fragments at Expert Consult.
Effectively diagnose and manage adult and pediatric sleep disorders with help from Atlas of Sleep Medicine, the most comprehensive and detailed source of pictorial and video guidance available. A full-color design with an entirely new image collection and video segments facilitates the observation and interpretation of sleep-related events and recordings. Whether you are preparing for the sleep medicine fellowship examination, or simply want to offer your patients today's best care, this sleep medicine book is an ideal resource!
- Confidently treat sleep-related breathing disorders with a practical step-by-step approach to positive pressure titration, summarizing merits, demerits, dangers, and limitations.
- Observe, evaluate, and treat unusual, uncommon, and often unrecognized PSG patterns.
- See how clinical and PSG findings correlate in real time for various sleep disorders by watching video segments (new to this edition!) that show sleep movements and polysomnography data side by side.
- Visually reinforce your understanding of circadian dysrhythmias through dynamic hypnograms and a tantalizing pictorial display.
- Evaluate indications and choose appropriate dental appliances with step-by-step instruction and supporting video clips.
- Address undesired phenomena that occur in association with sleep with eight new unique vignettes with associated videos including a variety of parasomnias, cataplexy, and death from obstructive sleep apnea.
- Access the fully searchable text online including the complete image library, over two dozen videos, and more at Expert Consult.
With 61 contributors